1. What is Home Flood Insurance?
      Home Flood Insurance is a comprehensive package policy that provides coverage for your home contents in accordance with your lifestyle and needs
    2. Who is the underwriter for Home Flood Insurance?
      Home Flood Insurance is underwritten by Tokio Marine Insurance Malaysia
    3. What are the covers / benefits?
      • Loss or damage to your contents due to flood, fire, lightning and explosion caused by gas used for domestic purposes
      • Loss or damage to your contents by aircraft, road vehicles or animals, bursting or overflowing of water tanks or pipes, theft by forcible and violent entry, windstorm, earthquake.
      • Loss of Rent (limited to 10% of the total sum insured on buildings and/or contents)
      • Liability to third parties for accidents in your property up to RM 100,000.00
      • Property temporarily removed for sales or exhibition or to furniture depositories
      • Damage to mirrors
      • Compensation for fatal injury occurring in your property by accidental caused by insured perils as stated in the Policy Schedule
      • Servant’s property
      • Robbery and hold up in the premises of the insured property
    4. What are the main exclusions?
      • Damage or destruction occurring while the premise is left unoccupied
      • Loss or damage due to theft by your domestic servants or any member of your family
      • Loss or damage to any building in the course of construction, reconstruction or repair
      • Loss or damage to metal smoke stacks, awnings, blinds, signs and other outdoor fixtures and fittings including gates and fences
      • Loss or damage to buildings caused by subsidence or landslip except as a result of earthquake or volcanic eruption
      • Contents removed for sale or exhibition
      • Damage to hand mirrors
      • Loss or damage to contents consisting of deeds, bonds, bills of exchange, promissory notes, cheques, securities for money, stamps, documents of any kind, cash, currency notes, bank notes, manuscripts, medals and coins, motor vehicles and accessories or livestock unless specifically mentioned in the Policy Schedule
      • All legal costs and expenses which are not incurred in or recoverable in Malaysia
        Note: This list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the policy contract for the full list of exclusions under this policy.
    5. What is the definition of content in the context of Home Flood Insurance?
      • Content shall mean household goods such as furniture, electrical items, household appliances, and personal effects such as clothing, wallet and etc. belonging to you or any member normally reside with you in the private dwelling.
      • Content coverage excludes platinum, gold, silver articles, jewelry, furs, any curiosity or work of art for an amount exceeding RM500.00, securities, obligations, deeds, bonds, bills of exchange, promissory notes, or documents of any kind, stamps, coins or paper money, cheques, currency notes, bank notes manuscripts, books of account or other business books, or computer systems records, motor vehicles and accessories, or livestock.


    1. Who can purchase Home Flood Insurance?
      a Malaysian, or a foreigner who is a permanent resident of Malaysia, work permit holder, pass holder or otherwise is legally employed and legally residing in Malaysia; and
      Your property insured is located within Malaysia.
    2. When is the effective date assuming I purchase Home Flood Insurance on Fatberry today?
      Once you have completed your payment in Fatberry and Tokio Marine receives your application, your e-policy will be issued within one working day, with coverage effective on the policy issued date. You will receive an e-mail confirmation with your policy number, policy effective date and expiry date. Your e-policy will be attached to the same email.
    3. Can I purchase Home Flood Insurance for another person?
      Yes, you may purchase Home Flood Insurance on behalf of another person, provided that the policyholder’s details are filled with the other person’s details and not yours.
    4. I have more than one property. Can I purchase another Home Flood policy?
      Yes, you can. Each property is eligible to be covered under one Home Flood policy only and each Home Flood policy is insuring only one property. You may proceed to go through the purchase process to get a Home Flood policy for your other properties.
    5. I have a home (fire) insurance policy from a bank and my policy is still active. Can I still purchase Home Flood Insurance from Fatberry?
      Yes, you can still purchase Home Flood Insurance as home insurance by bank typically does not cover home contents. You can check this with your bank (mortgage) for further clarification


    1. Can I cancel my policy?
      You may cancel your policy by giving written notice to us. Upon cancellation, you are entitled to a refund of the premium based on Tokio Marine’s short-period rates for the period of the policy which has been in force, subject to the minimum premium to be retained by us. No refund premium is allowed if there is a claim under the policy.
    2. What do I need to do if there are changes to my personal details?
      It is important that you inform us of any change in your contact/personal details to ensure that all correspondences reach you in a timely manner. You can provide your updated details via email to or call us at +6011 2612 8112.
    3. How do I make a claim for Home Flood Insurance?
      1. You can either notify Fatberry (+6011 2612 8112 / or Tokio Marine (1800-88-0812 / immediately giving details such as the nature and extent of loss or damage
      2. Notify the police immediately for theft incident
      3. Record evidence by taking photographs of the damages and/or point of entry
      4. Work with us by cooperating with the Adjusters when called upon
    4. What are the documents required to support a claim?
      • Completed Claim Form
      • Written Statement of Claim detailing the items lost/damaged
      • Estimate of repairs for damaged building
      • Purchase invoices/receipts/valuation reports of the stolen/damaged items
      • Photographs depicting the damaged items or premise of loss/damage (if no Adjusters is appointed)
      • Final repair/replacement bills(s)
      • Any additional information and documents as may be required by Insurers or Adjuster other than above
    5. How long do I have to wait to get my claim?
      You can check your claim status by calling Tokio Marine’s hotline 1800-88-0812 or email to Alternatively, you can contact Fatberry at or call us at +6011 2612 8112.
    6. What is an adjuster and what do they do?
      The adjuster works for the insurance company paying the claim. They will review what happened and estimate the claims payment. The adjuster may inspect the damages, look at police reports, talk to witnesses, or ask for more information when reviewing your claim.